From humble beginnings in 2005, Dependable Solutions, Inc. has helped some of the world’s biggest companies keep track of even the smallest of licensing assets. DSI’s automated licensing solutions have been integral to the success of licensors, licensees and licensing agents alike, as the El Segundo-California company itself has steadily grown to service 50 clients across twelve countries with offices in the U.S., Europe and Australia.
Celebrating its ten-year anniversary in 2015, DSI looks back on some key milestones:
- 2005: Dependable Solutions, Inc. launches after success working with music licensing solutions. Initial clients include Paragon Business Management, overseeing the Jesse James brand licensing program. Shaw Creations is first licensee account selling branded umbrellas. Flagship software, Dependable Rights Manager (DRM), debuts DSI’s financial and contract management solutions at the Licensing International Show at the Javits Center NYC.
- 2006: DSI signs first sports industry client in Australia, Velocity Brand Management, leading to a strong presence there ever since.
- 2007: First European clients come aboard, major character licensing clients including Sanrio, along with major food licensing brands including Mars Retail Group. DSI opens New York City and Dallas offices. Approval workflow is released to integrate creative solutions into contracts, legal and financial systems.
- 2008: DSI rises up to 20th Floor El Segundo offices with 15 clients. Brand agency customers come over to DRM including Dimensional Branding Group.
- 2009: Major U.S. licensees embrace DSI solutions with signing of Li & Fung USA in NYC. DSI holds first Licensing Automation Customer Summit in Los Angeles. Licensing International Expo moves to Las Vegas with DSI taking a larger presence at the show.
- 2010: DSI reaches $1 million in annual revenues. New wave of European clients come onboard including Rovio and Moulin Rouge. College and sports market expands with signing of The Ohio State University, #1 college licensing brand.
- 2011: London office opens and DSI has nine international clients across Europe, Hong Kong and Australia and a total of 25 clients worldwide. Marty Malysz, DSI president, is elected to the board of LIMA for 3 year term.
- 2012: DSI lands first major entertainment industry consumer licensing departments. First of many European soccer (football) clubs sign up, starting with Liverpool FC, followed by Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea FC. DSI moves into larger El Segundo offices. Contract workflow introduces new ability to the contract drafting, approving and renewal process.
- 2013: DSI reaches $3 million in annual revenues with 25 full-time staff. First visit to Hong Kong Licensing Show helping build on local clients, GTL and Performance brands.
- 2014: DSI signs Lego and enters apparel brand licensing marketing with Hanesbrands. Additional customer licensing summit for European clients held at Chelsea FC offices. DSI Sydney opens to help support Pacific Rim, Miami sales office launches to service Eastern U.S. prospects, new offices for development open in Phoenix and Las Vegas. DSI doubles El Segundo headquarters space while passing milestone of 50 customers.
- 2015: DSI continues to build customer services and development teams with new project management, client services and quality assurance positions. Introduction of DRM mobile and new dashboards helps brand organizations access critical data. New versions of single sign-on and authentication vendor integration released.
Here’s to another successful ten years!